Jonathan will bring bold leadership, creative problem solving and lean budgeting to the Governor’s office.
CONNECT WITH JONATHAN
Politicians’ actions and activities should be transparent and straightforward. Follow Jonathan on social media to see what he is working on today!
Request a sign for your yard, donate, or volunteer in person or on social media.
“If we want a better government we need to elect, or essentially hire, better leaders.”
About Jonathan Johnson
Jonathan’s leadership helped build Overstock into a $1.7 billion business that employs 1,800 Utahns with quality careers.
Jonathan Johnson is a:
- creative problem solver
- BYU law graduate
- chairman of the board of Overstock.com
- most importantly, husband of Courtney Johnson and a father of five sons
Overstock.com successfully runs on very slim gross margins (only ~18%) selling quality products and effectively keeping costs low by following the motto “We Save Paperclips.”
Jonathan understands the tools and skills Utah institutions need to take their efforts to the next level … and he knows that government shouldn’t do tasks best left to business.
POLICIES AND POSITIONS
Educating our children is vital to Utah’s future. It’s time for transformational improvements to Utah’s K-12 education system, including increasing […]
As governor, I will apply these five guiding governing principles as I consider legislation and other government action: Is the […]
I oppose new taxes and, as governor, I will not raise taxes. Last year, I voted against Prop 1 in […]
Federal Government Overreach
In 1982, Ronald Reagan said “the federal government is still operating under the outdated and, if I may say so, […]
Economy & Careers
The Government doesn’t create jobs, businesses and individual entrepreneurs create jobs. Job growth is the result of the hard work […]
I believe the Utah caucus-convention system works well. I’ve been a precinct chair and state and county delegate. I know […]
Marriage & Religious Liberty
I believe marriage is ordained of God and is properly between a man and a woman. Until the U.S. Supreme […]
The federal government owns two-thirds of the land in our state. By percentage only Nevada and Alaska owns less of […]
I will be a staunch defender of the Second Amendment. I will fight any federal government overreach that aims to […]
Politics shouldn’t be a career. Our elected officials should be citizen servants. As Governor Herbert said when he first ran […]
As a business leader, I know that air quality is a top issue for retaining and attracting business in Utah. […]
Projected population increases in our state demand that we better prepare for the future water needs of our state. Being […]
- The Proper Role of Government
- Wilford Brimley Endorsement
- It’s Time to End the Common Core Mandate
- JJ & Robyn: Differing Perspectives
- Twenty-Six Years in Politics
- Pay to Play
- Our Vision for Education
- Herbert’s Flip-Flop on Common Core
- Herbert to Donors: We’ll Give you the Results you Want
- Republican Convention 2016!
- Jonathan’s Guiding Principles
- Johnson vs. Herbert on Raising Taxes
- Jonathan’s Tax Pledge vs. Gary Herbert’s
- The Johnson Boys on Life with Their Father
- Marriage and Religious Liberties
- 2016 Governor’s Debate: Jonathan Johnson and Gary Herbert
- It’s Time for Term Limits on Utah’s Executive Offices
- Protecting Your Second Amendment Rights
- Defending Utah’s Caucus Convention System
- Empowering Utah’s Technology Industry
- My Plan to Better Support Utah Veterans
- The Story behind my Decision to Run for Governor
- Jonathan Johnson on Utah’s Public Lands
- Jonathan’s Unique Voice and Unique Perspective
- How to Become a Utah Delegate!
- How Can We Treat Utah Teachers Better?
- Jonathan’s Reading Program
- Jonathan’s K-12 Education Plan
- Jonathan’s Plan for Utah School Counselors
- Johnson vs Dabakis UVU Debate Part 3
- Johnson vs Dabakis UVU Debate part 2
- Johnson vs Dabakis UVU Debate
- Millennials in Utah have a message for Gov. Herbert…
- What have Jonathan Johnson’s 5 boys learned from him?
- 2015 Wrap Up!
- Jonathan’s Plan: Voters Should Elect the Utah Transit Authority Board
- Thank you to Utah Teachers! A Thanksgiving Message
- Courtney’s Take: Jonathan’s Leadership Can Lead Utah in an Even Better Direction.
- Can You Do Gov. Herbert’s Math?
- Jonathan on Vouchers vs. Saving Accounts
- Fresh Eyes and Bold Leadership- #HireJJ Endorsements Part 1
- Jonathan Johnson: 2015 T.K. McCarthey Silver Hope Award Winner
- Jonathan Johnson’s Stance on Education
- Southern Utah Listening Tour
- Jonathan Johnson’s Campaign Kickoff Speech!
- Jonathan Johnson, Republican Candidate for Governor, Announcement Speech
- Meet Jonathan Johnson! Business executive, attorney, Republican candidate for Governor
"I didn't expect an answer- he's a very busy guy. Not only did I get an answer, I was invited to meet with him."
"Having a principled, visionary challenger is an opportunity for Utah. This is why I am supporting Jonathan for Governor."
"Utah, I encourage you not to settle. Take a look at a better option, republican candidate for Governor, Jonathan Johnson."
"This is a man who truly believes he can help. I know him well. He is right. I do not know a better leader and Utah will be a better place if we elect him to be our governor."
"I was impressed when he spoke as it was obvious he has taken the time to thoroughly study and understand our state's policies and the needs of the people."
"Jonathan has a competent and highly trained executive mind, governed by a moral compass that points true north."
" I know that Jonathan would provide the kind of executive business experience and leadership that will help Utah continue to grow now and in the years to come."
"He is a person of integrity whose states his views with candor and reason, regardless of the ebb and flow of popular opinion."
"Our current governor supports common core educational standards, expanding Obamacare and encourages dependence on the federal government. "
"America faces many challenges; Utah needs a leader with proven ability to meet whatever challenges arise."
"Jonathan has the ability to transfer his success in the business realm to the entire state of Utah."
"I have seen him take up many personal causes at his own diligence just because he truly believed it was the right thing to do."
"Listen closely to Jonathan Johnson and you will find that he is the kind of leader we need to stand strong for the great citizens of Utah."
"I see him as a great leader who acknowledges that diversity involves continuous engagement and inclusion from people of diverse backgrounds"
"We need someone who can come in and make the education fit the child, not make the child fit the education."
"Jonathan applies his leadership skills to every project he was involved using passion, dedication, and confidence in who he was and what he and his team could achieve."
"I have high hopes for Utah after meeting Jonathan Johnson and will be putting my support toward him!"
"I support him because I believe that he will do what is right and not what is beneficial to his political career."
"Jonathan is a refreshing and exciting leader with a proven track record and rock solid western values."
"A neighbor contrasted Jonathan’s refreshing attentiveness for listening to people with Herbert’s stale, wishy-washy ambivalence."
"Jonathan believes firmly that having a program (Common Core) that is funded by the federal government is not the answer."
"Jonathan's ideas dealing with increased interaction between students and guidance counselors is what we need."
"He is open to dialogue and will take time to listen to you individually or is available to meet with you in a larger group setting. "
"The mismanagement of Utah Federal lands has done massive amounts of damage to not only Utah lands, but to the Utah watershed. "
“It’s time to take Utah to another level!”
We want to hear from you. Jonathan is a collaborator, not a career politician. Come meet with Jonathan at these events and let your voice be heard.
HOW DO I VOTE?
Find out everything you need to know about registering and voting in Utah. Your vote shapes our future.